10.01.2013

September 30, 2013 Woohoo! This week has been awesome!

Heyooo!
 
This week has been awesome! We've been working super hard and have been seeing miracles all over the place! Sister T and H both said that this past week has been the best week of their missions. Woohoo!
 
Sister Chisolm is a member in the ward and we call her Mama Chisholm. She's the best. She coordinates our meals, does our laundry, the works. I told her to add you on facebook! Haha! She sent you a message, but I guess it didn't send. She said when I go to Brazil, she'll really miss me. She said that kind of surprised her, because she didn't expect to like me as much as she does. Warm fuzzies, I know!
 
1.       So what have you done this week? (any amazing, funny, or interesting stories?) We've been doing a lot of tracting in the rain and splits. Since there are three of us, it's easier to find one person and go on splits than it would normally be. So we've been covering more area.
 
2.       Have you been to any baptisms yet? Not of any of our investigators. I've been to two though. One was a different ward's convert, and then there was one yesterday of a child of record. We have a baptism scheduled for October 11th for our investigator Leah. Boo yah! So excited!

3.       Do you get to cook very often? Not really. We eat breakfast and lunch at our apartment. Mostly cereal and sandwiches. Although this morning I made scrambled eggs. I'm so fancy, I know.

4.       Are you getting cold?  Do you have enough blankets on your bed?  (total Mom question…I can’t help it. Haha) I'm all good. We have enough blankets, and now I have that rain jacket, so I'm fine
.
5.       How’s your teaching going? It's good. We taught I think it was 13 lessons this week! Teaching isn't a struggle for me anymore, so that's good. I'm glad I had the chance to have so many missionary opportunities in high school. That experience has definitely helped me out here.

6.       How’s your Portuguese going? Ehhh. It's going. This week we haven't had a lot of time for language study. We try to have it from 8-9, but things usually run over and it gets cut. But I try to practice whenever I get the chance.

7.       Are there any Portuguese speakers in Oregon? Nope. Nada. Not unless you count the returned missionaries from Brazil serving in my ward. I hear there are some, but I have no idea who they are.

8.       How often do you see your mission president? I've only seen him twice- my first day, and sisters' conference.

9.       Did you see the General Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday? Yeah we watched it at the house of a family that just got baptized. The ending got cut off by about 20 minutes, but I liked it! Remember those covenants! And when the sisters from the MTC were singing, I recognized a few that were in my zone!

10.   Are you allowed to see other missionary blogs on the internet? Nope

11.   If you do, do you want me to send you the addresses for Christiana’s blog and for Jordan’s blog? Could you forward me their emails?

12.   Have you found any huckleberry jam yet? I saw some, but I didn't get any. Although I had some huckleberry pie the other day and it was TO DIE FOR.

13.   What kind of service activities have you done this week? I think the last service project we did was Gina's yard full of blackberry bushes.

14.   How are your scriptures holding up? I got a case for them, so I think they're fine. I can't really see the spine, but I think it's ripping. I want to get the new edition of the scriptures when I get home.

15.   Do you wish you had gotten smaller ones? Nope, I like having my markings and notes in them.

16.   Have you figured out an awesome scripture marking method yet?  I know you had talked with Trevor about his before you left.  If I use it a lot, I just mark it with a flag.

17.   Have you gotten much mail from anyone?  Emails? Not a whole lot. I get emails from friends from school. LUHV THEM. Oh and Sister Tinkham! LOVE HER.

18.   What is your favorite day of the week? They all kind of run together except for Sunday and Monday. But Tuesday we get to go to the temple!!!! So I guess I'll say Tuesday.

19.   If I mail you a package, should I send it to the mission office address? Mission office in case of transfers

20.   How often do you get mail from the mission office? They forward it to us right after they get it, so I don't know how long that process takes.

21.   When is the next transfer in your mission? I always forget.  It's October 13th or 14th. I can't remember. Whichever day is Monday.

22.   Do you think you will stay or get transferred? (I think you will stay) I think I'll stay too. Unless I get my visaaaaa! (How's that coming? I'm sure you'll tell me when the dot thing changes... haha)

23.   Have you eaten any food there that you would love to have the recipe for? Mama Chisholm made this cake that was awesome! I can't remember the name of it, but it was French.

24.   So how did your packing of your suitcases go?  Did all the storage cubes we got you work out well in your new apartment?  The storage cubes were the best idea. I don't have a dresser or anything, so everything stays in those cubes, and it keeps them organized. I have a closet for all of my stuff, so I have a lot of those cubes on top of my suitcases.

25.   What kind of exercise do you do with your companions? We go running (sometimes), visa pushups, crunches, normal stuff. There's also a park about two blocks away, which is cool.

26.   Do you need anything (besides another Lush bar or two?  What flavor was that one we got you?) I can't really thing of anything. I'll be sending some stuff home before I head out. I'm procrastinating until right before I leave, though. Umm... I don't even think I'll need any more shampoo bars. I got some shampoo last week so I wouldn't run out of the bars while I'm in Brazil. So I think I'm good there.

27.   Do you have any questions for us? Not really. How's school for Colin? Emma- nice job at the competition!
 
I think that's about all, folks. I'll be sending some pictures (hopefully)!
 
Love you!!
 
Sister Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment